Thomas Almeida Set For UFC 235 Return • MMA News
As if UFC 235 couldn’t get any extra stacked, an incredible bantamweight match-up has simply been added. The March 2nd pay-per-view (PPV) occasion goes down from the T-Cellular Enviornment in Las Vegas, Nevada. MMA Junkie is reporting that Thomas Almeida will now be going through Marlon Vera on the cardboard. At one level, many had been pegging Almeida as a future 135-pound champion.
The Brazilian is likely one of the most gritty fighters on the roster and was as soon as undefeated. Nonetheless, he bumped into Cody Garbrandt in 2016, struggling the primary defeat of his combined martial arts (MMA) profession by way of knockout. At present, Almeida is on a two-fight shedding streak. Now, he hopes to get again on the successful aspect of issues with a possible win over Vera.
Vera is at the moment on a two-fight win streak however will face a tricky check in stringing collectively a trio of wins in opposition to the heavy-hitting Almeida. Each males are confirmed finishers and have the potential to steal the present when it’s all mentioned and carried out in Vegas. Take a look at the up to date card for UFC 235 beneath:
- (C) Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith
- (C) Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Hannah Cifers vs. Polyana Viana
- Thomas Almeida vs. Marlon Vera
What do you consider Almeida’s addition to UFC 235?