Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya
UFC 243 goes down tonight (Sat. October 5, 2019) from Sydney, Australia. The world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion compiled an excellent card for fight fans to enjoy.
It’s headlined by a meeting between a UFC middleweight title clash between Robert Whittaker and Israel Adesanya.
Whittaker was originally slated to defend his title against Kelvin Gastelum at the UFC 234 pay-per-view. However, he had to pull out of the fight at the last minute due to a hernia and collapsed bowel. The UFC champ is on a nine-fight win streak heading into this bout.
UFC 243 Predictions: Whittaker vs. Adesanya
The rising contender became a UFC middleweight champion when he picked up a decision win over Kelvin Gastelum in the co-headliner of the UFC 236 pay-per-view event. The show went down on April 13, 2019 at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
The co-headliner will see a lightweight bout between Al Iaquinta and Dan Hooker.
Rounding out the five bout main card is Tai Tuivasa vs. Sergey Spivack in a heavyweight bout, Luke Jumeau vs. Dhiego Lima in a welterweight contest, and Justin Tafa vs. Yorgan De Castro in a heavyweight bout.
It’s certain to have a great night of fights from the Marvel Stadium. Check out MMA News’ UFC 243 results below:
Quick UFC 243 Results
Main Card (PPV/10 p.m. ET)
- Middleweight: Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
- Lightweight: Al Iaquinta vs. Dan Hooker
- Heavyweight: Tai Tuivasa vs. Sergey Spivack
- Welterweight: Luke Jumeau vs. Dhiego Lima
- Heavyweight: Justin Tafa vs. Yorgan De Castro
Preliminary Card (ESPN2/8 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight: Jake Matthews vs. Rostem Akman
- Welterweight: Callan Potter vs. Maki Pitolo
- Lightweight: Jamie Mullarkey vs. Brad Riddell
- Women’s Featherweight: Megan Anderson vs. Zarah Fairn dos Santos
Preliminary Card (ESPN+/6 p.m. ET)
- Women’s Flyweight: Nadia Kassem vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- Bantamweight: Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Silva
**Keep refreshing for live results**